S2 E11 Climate is the Future of Everything
Thank you for joining us to celebrate the virtues of self-rule and debate the state of our republic. Welcome to the Citizens Prerogative Podcast.
Discussion topics in this episode:
- The original too-big-to-fail: our dearly beloved hydrocarbon industry. Hopefully soon, we can be saying: “our dearly departed.”
- Our heirs deserve to inherit a livable world with air to breathe, water to drink, and food to eat. After all, it was never ours to greedily squander.
- The tools we use to save our biosphere will also build a new way of life. We need to embrace a new vision and rise to the challenge of adaptation that is upon us all.
- Michael V. Piscitelli
- Raymond Wong Jr.
- We will need to act big, in a systematic way, to save the best of our way of life and create an opportunity to transform it into something sustainable and cutting-edge.
- The Equitable and Just National Climate Platform presents one of the most comprehensive and bold visions for a healthy new way forward for our nation.
- Energy is everything. On the horizon of emerging technology are some exciting developments:
- A Tokamak fusion reactor in South Korea passed an unprecedented milestone. Yeah baby, star stuff! This ain’t your grandmothers’ nuclear fission.
- More magical properties found in graphene: it’s a fantastically strong atomic material and a superconductor (no impedance or loss of energy in transmission) and now we see it can create topological quantum states. It also looks like a possible alternative to today’s batteries too.
Special thanks to
- Our ongoing supporters, thank you!
- Our sponsor CitizenDoGood.com .
- Intro music sampled from “Okay Class” by Ozzy Jock under creative commons license through freemusicarchive.org.
- Other music provided royalty-free through Fesliyan Studios Inc.
Illustration by NOAA on Unsplash.com.